While 2018 was certainly weird, it was transformationally weird. I’m not quite sure how to express it any other way. I’m so very thankful for family love, acceptance, and honesty.
- Very top of the list was more engagement with the kids & grandkids. That was my #1 goal for 2018. It was a slow and awkward start, but consistency and love prevailed.
- More creative home nesting projects (including a very cool master bath transformation for under $400 plus a whole lot of elbow grease, which I’ll post photos of in a later post — the bath transformation, not the elbow grease) with my amazing husband. Funny what a few fluffy new towels and faucet coupons can do!
- Reconnected with my sister after decades; its been overwhelming in ways I can’t begin to describe. I love her so very much and don’t want to ever not have her in my life again! We connect in some form or another almost every single day since reconnecting; its simply wonderful, just wonderful!
- Discovered who I am by untangling who I’m not (or knot); found my way back to “present” with a lot of really great support (no doubt some details will surface in later diary posts), so now I can be present for my family, for my self.
- Achieved power seller status with 100% positive feedback for my ebay doll store, learning more about e- commerce than I ever imagined possible (another major factor in my decision to pursue law school with an Intellectual Property specialization; and yes, this will most definitely be a post up the road)
- Learned about podcasting enough to know I want to do one
- Finally realized that Intellectual Property Law is the new Publishing, so as an obvious next step in my career as a publisher, we looked into law schools with flexible schedules for a commuter
- Launched BackTalkCafe.com, a serial website story using dolls as the character actors.
- Created MyDollStory.com as a place to put photos of some of the dolls & doll clothes I set up and sold online
- Rediscovered my distant music past when a radio promo copy “Country Blues” record turned up on ebay
- Had some very effective therapy with a very cool “team” of therapists. Team is my word choice; they don’t exactly work as a team, but because I had several, each with a specific purpose, I consider them a team. And I do so appreciate them!
- Deleted all my social media accounts. All of them. If there are any others out there; its only because I’ve forgotten about them or something, but I’ll eventually get them all removed. And yes, I’ll be posting as to why. In short, I don’t regret it at all; in fact, everything is better since deleting them. So far I deleted my Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Will be interesting to see how these goals look in a year from now; how they evolve — if at all.
- Even more and better engagement with our kids & grandkids. Listen to them more; support more.
- More creative home nesting maker / improvement projects with my Honey
- Apply to and get accepted into law school. (I’ve already registered to take the LSAT.)
- Produce, launch, and grow a successful podcast.
- Attend Toastmasters meetings to learn to be a better speaker.
- Write more chapters in the BackTalkCafe.com story (write & photograph as much possible before law school starts)
- Continue digital footprint deleting and consolidating
- Phase move remaining doll & doll clothes inventory from ebay to BackTalkCafe.com or MyDollStory.com
- Write regular posts here on MyBlueDragon.com, of course
- Smile more & listen to more music!
Photos in this post © 2018-2019 Krystyn Hartman